Monday 11 April 2011

Beauty Bargain

So at the weekend I randomly popped into Savers, went into see if they had some good shampoo at low low prices. I didnt buy any shampoo but I did come across these beauties.



Revlon Creme Gloss. I wasn't sure about them and they werent priced so I only bought 2 in the shades which looked most exciting. I chose 065- crush on coral and 020 fiercely fuschia. I almost didnt buy them until I saw they were Revlon so I thought maybe they wouldnt be too bad. Its quite rare to find branded makeup in Savers. They priced at £1.40 each which is very cheap but this also made me dubious about the quality but me oh my was I surprised when I tried them out. Im such a pessimist.

The applicator is a brush which put me off completely for a number of reasons the main reason being hygiene especially for using it in my kit, might not be so bad for personal use, the other was the fact it didnt look like it would apply very well since it was so soft.


After a lot of twisting and clicking the bottom to push the gloss through to the brush a whole lot came all at once. I even started to think Id got a dudd and was never going to get any product out.

Heres how the 2 shades look on the back of my hand. This was when I became impressed. I love the colours, they were a lot more vibrant that they looked in the tube.
TOP: Firecely Fuschia BOTTOM: Crush on Coral
I lined and filled my lips with colours that almost perfectly matched the 2 shades before applying each gloss with a lip brush. Once I saw how they looked on, I was hooked. Crush on CAt this point Im very impressed, especially at how little they cost.
Fiercely Fuschia
Crush on Coral

I was massively impressed. Non-sticky, easy to apply, really glossy finish. I am in love. They had a few more shades available in various red and nude tones and I will definitely be filling my kit with these beauty bargains. I cant wait to use them and I cant wait to get more and at £1.40 I dont have to feel guilty about the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment