Monday 27 September 2010

GOSH lift me up foundation

Ok so this is my first review. I intend to review the products I carry in my professional kit. I carry a lot of non-pro products which you can find at any Boots or Superdrug store as well as pro products such as MAC and any others I buy along the way.

I feel its important to state that the opinions expressed in my reviews are about my own experiences and results with the products. Everyones skin is different so the results and experiences may be different to my own.

I'm starting with the 'GOSH lift me up' foundation as I happened to be putting makeup on anyway and thought Hey why not take some photos then I can review it. So here it is:

This is the first time Ive worn this particular foundation. I bought it at Superdrug, I cant remember how much I bought it for but I know their foundations are approximately £12. I always use my superdrug discount which I get by filling out their online feedback form. its tedious doing it every time but the discount is worth it when im stocking up on GOSH.
I have chosen shade 24 Golden which is a bit darker than my natural skin tone but Im pale so I need the warmth. (I always mix my foundation with a bit of moisturiser as I feel it gives a better finish to my combination skin but for the purpose of the review I skipped the moisturiser)

Here is my face before makeup.
So as you can see, a few spots and quite pale.

And after a full face of makeup. Should really have taken one just after I applied the foundation, sorry guys! ill remember that for next time.

I was quite impressed with it. Medium to full coverage. I have used a light dusting of translucent powder. The only concealer I used was under my eyes but I think its covered up those spots fairly well on its own and added some warmth to my face. I have combination skin and usually find that foundation sticks to the dry parts and looks awful. This went on really easily and evenly and actually stayed put. I wore this for a whole day at work and it was still looking pretty good at the end of the day. I touch my face quite a lot (Im constantly pushing my glasses back onto my nose) but this foundation didnt rub off. Even though it gave quite a full coverage It didnt feel like it. I would definitely wear this again.

Hope you enjoyed my first review. Ive never reviewed anything before so I  hope that was ok, feel free to ask any questions. Stay tuned for more reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya!
    I have combination skin and was a bit worried about this foundation just adding oily-ness to my oily sections of my face. It seems good though after reading your review so will try it out! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete