Tuesday 15 February 2011

more benefit goodies......and baddies

So for those of you who read my other benefit post and enjoyed it....heres more. Ill try to include prices where possible and as usual these are just my views and my opinions. Ive been informed some of these are discontinued but I wanted to review them anyway. Its good practise for future reviews.

First up:
That Gal £21.50 - This is a flaw-diffusing primer which provides a subtle radiance for any skin tone.

I didnt get any good pics of this since there was next to no change in the look of my bare face. It did give a lovely glow to my skin and I felt it evened out my complexion. Liked it but Ive said it before and Ill say it again.....how much?

You Rebel Lite £23.50 - A tinted moisturiser with SPF 15. I already owned You Rebel which is the same thing in a slightly darker shade. It was actually too dark for me and seemed to get darker on my skin and looked streaky :s Quite often I had to lighten it up with some lighter foundation and even then it wasnt great so I was very happy to try You Rebel Lite and its soooooo much better. Heres a swipe of both of them.
you rebel lite on the left you rebel on the right.
 I could wear this on its own and no doubt I will be wearing it over summer or if I ever save up enough to go on my travels. At the moment Im mixing it with my Max Factor foundation just to give it a softer texture and a slightly lighter coverage. The rebel lite on it own is too sheer for my spotty skin. It is quite strongly scented. I cant figure out what it is but its not unpleasant but this does however mean you have to avoid contact with the eyes at all costs. Im fairly careful with it but sometimes it gets a little too close my eyes and they end up streaming.  

Rush Hour £17.50 - a makeover for lips and cheeks apparently.
Hmmm ok so good points:
Lovely soft texture, easy application, long lasting. Its not thick so I found it was less likely to get stuck to my teeth during the day. Felt lovely and moisturising on my lips and I liked the darkish colour.  It doesnt look as dark on the picture.



Bad points:
Looked terrible on my cheeks. Didnt add much colour at all, felt a bit weird putting it on my lips then on my cheeks. I wouldnt use it on my cheeks but I can see how its be handy to have a 2 in 1 product. I just dont think its right but I do love it as a lipstick.

Girl Meets Pearl  £24.50 - Ive been using this as a highlighter but it's sold as a pearly face primer. I dont understand why youd need a totally pearlescent face. It says to mix with your moisturiser but its perfectly fine on its own. Very similar to high beam but less thick and less glittery so I actually prefer this to any other highlighting product in the benefit range. I actually think I would buy this if it wasnt soooo expensive.


 Show Offs! shimmer powders - I looooove these a lot. I havent used them much but I love the colours and the fact that they dont just fade into your skin once applied. Not sure on the price, I think I included it on the last post and I think the lady who sends me these samples actually gave me the price at some point so ill post it if I can find it. I got sent 2 more called Ruby-doo and Meringue. I will deffo be wearing at least one of these when I go out on Saturday for my 25th.
Meringue on the left and Ruby-doo on the right both swiped dry.
I love both of these colours. I think these are discontinued which makes me very sad. I assume theyre similar to the Lust Dusters possibly.

Im undecided about this next product. Benetint priced at £24.50. Really not worth it in my honest opinion. Its a lip and cheek stain which seems to stain everything it comes into contact with. I was sent a small tester pot of it.


Blended onto hand
I hated it on my cheeks, I unfortunately didnt get a picture of this...wish I had. it says to apply 3 strokes and quickly blend with fingertips for a naturally sheer and radiant flush. I was left with a big red blob and stained fingers all day. Not attractive. However, when applied to the lips it created a lovely sheer veil of colour, non transferrable and long lasting. It was lovely, Id use it for bridal as it wont kiss off and would only need minimal touch ups. It did dry my lips a little bit though. Had a lovely floral scent, quite subtle.

Benetint has a little sister called Posietint also priced at £24.50.

I found it to be a completely different product to benetint.  It was thicker, pinker had no scent and worked better on cheeks than it did on lips and it didnt stain my fingers.
Applied to cheeks

I would use this for bridal makeup as a long lasting alternative to blush. I find it works best under foundation. I didnt work at all as a lip product for me as my lips are already quite pinky.

Ok so this isnt a makeup product but I was sent a few skincare products as well and I think the best foundation to good makeup is good skin.
I got sent Dear John a movin' on facial cream.
Priced at £26.50 its VERY expensive for a moisturiser and I certainly think theres products out there that do the same job but for a much smaller sum of money. It smells pleasant and sinks into the skin really quickly leaving it soft and smooth. I actually really like it although the resulting soft hydrated skin is very similar to the resuls I get with the moisturiser I use that costs me about £3 from superdrug.

I also got sent an oil free moisturiser called Do it daily! which I thought was a great name for it although after testing it I never wanted to do it ever again. Ive just finished watching the BRITS so I have to award this one the WORST product award. I think this is one of the discontinued products and I dont disagree with their decision to scrap it.


Oil Free moisuriser with SPF 10. One of the worst things Ive ever put on my face. It says its for all skin types but if I had sensitive skin I think I would have been running to the nearest sink to wash it off. Im combination dry and oily and this made my skin feel like it was burning. It had a very vinegary smell to it which I really didnt like at all, it didnt sink into the skin very well and actually made my oily areas more oily. However, my dry patches did clear up and once the burning sensation has subsided my skin was very soft. I wouldnt buy this even if it wasnt discontinued. God help me if I had got this in my eyes.

Next up is another product I cant decide about. Its called California kissing, no idea of the price.

It has a pleasant minty smell and tastes lovely. Its slightly glittery as you can see. I wouldnt wear this during the day as its quite sparkly, hmm I dont know, maybe I would. Im very undecided about this one, I think Ill use my sample until it runs out.

I do like it, its similar to the silky lip balm in texture and thickness but better tasting which I like since I do lick my lips quite a bit. I love the feel of it on my lips but the thing I dont like is it reminds me of something I used to have when I was very young, some cheap tacky lipgloss from the £1 shop maybe. I think its the colour and the sparkles and the fact its mint scented. It just seems so cheap and childish, Im a bit put off and I prefer my other lipbalms for a fraction of what this would cost.....you cant go wrong with a bit of carmex.

Benefit products I am loving at the moment and would definitely buy if they were half the price:

- You Rebel Lite
- The Porefessional Primer
- Girl Meets Pearl
- Boi-ing Concealer

I hope youve enjoyed this post, there may be more....who knows. Stay tuned, I plan to start doing some tutorials although my camera doesnt always show the makeup off to its best :( If you have any requests for celebrity looks, let me know and Ill do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment