Wednesday 23 February 2011

Soap & Glory "Marvelips" review

For my 25th birthday I received some Soap & Glory products which I am loving. Ive been wanting to try them for a while but I wasnt sure if the packaging was too much and trying to make a big deal out of a product which was nothing special, I thought maybe they were cashing in on the vintage market.BUT Ive been proven wrong. Not only is the packaging fantastic (I love this sort of style) its got lots of light hearted information on it about the product and what it aims to do and how it was tested etc. I also think their products have given me a push in the right direction in trying to copy the looks on the packaging by using their products.

Ramble ramble ramble. Basically I am totally in love with this range of products and could easily spend hundreds of pounds on it. Its not badly priced, its affordable, smells lovely and I think their stuff is great quality.

Ok on with the review. Today Im reviewing "Marevlips" which is a double ended lip pencil which aims to shape and supersize the lips (not that I need any help there). £8.43 at Boots and they currently have a 3 for 2 offer on. Ill probably be going back for more although Ill probably buy from their fantastic skincare range.

One end is colour, the other is highlighter. On the back of the packet it gives instructions on how to apply but I didnt find that their technique worked for me. It advised to fill lips with colour then use the highlighter to pick out the middle of the lips for a pouty look. But this just made the highlighter end messy which I didnt like. You can see that the highlighter is actually quite glittery but I liked it. The texture is very silky and its easy to apply, I felt like it was moisturising my lips.

So I applied the highlighter first to the middle of the lips and the cupids bow then I filled in with colour leaving some of the highlight showing through. This worked really well on the cupids bow especially later int he day when I filled my lips in with a bright red. The camera doesnt pick the highlights up very well.
As far as Im aware this only comes in one colour which is a sort of dusky pink shade, fairly natural and great for every day wear. Ive worn it quite a lot and now need to invest in a big fat sharpener for it since I definitely want to carry on using it. I love it. Very soft and silky, lovely colour. Just wish it lasted a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment