Monday 18 October 2010

Get the look!

So Ive been getting a few people wanting to know what lipstick I used for the recent shoot with Charlotte Chapman so I thought Id share with you the products that I used to create that gorgeous red wine lip.

Red lipstick is an absolute must for this Autumn/Winter and I think this particular shade suited the models fair skin very well.

I cheated a bit with this look actually. I used 3 products to create this look as I wanted it to be darker around the edges and lighter close to the middle. The 3 products I used are:


Rimmel Soft Kohl Liner in 011 Sable Brown
Revlon Vital Radiance Lipstick in 40 Mulberry
Models Own Lipbalm in Blackberry

None of the products were expensive and are available in Boots and I actually found the lipstick in Savers. Sometimes I find some great bargains there. If you cant find this exact lipstick any lipstick in a wine red sort of colour or your desired shade of dark red would suffice.

If youd like to recreate the look just follow these simple steps:

1. Line the lips with the brown liner. I always draw in the cupids bow first (the pointy middle part of the upper lip) then I draw in the rest. The way you shape the cupids bow can make a huge difference to the overall look. I smudged the liner with a lip brush so it wasnt such a harsh line.

2. Apply the lipstick. I always use a lipbrush to get a better finish. You can already see the graduation in colour.
3. Apply a generous coat of Models Own lipbalm. You can mix this with the lipstick but I prefer to apply it after for a gorgeous gloss. This adds to the depth of colour. It also tastes and smells delicious. I love this lipbalm on its own for a subtle hint of colour without being sticky like a lipgloss.

I might experiment next time with just the gloss and not the lipstick or I may try one of the Models Own Lip and Cheek stains. I am absolutely loving the products from this company and I cant wait to try more.

Hope you enjoyed my step-by-step, those of you who wanted to know.

Im hoping to do some celebrity 'get the looks' so if there are any requests, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment